History of The Moline Tractor
The city of Hopkins was first settled in 1852 and didn’t become a town until 1887. The building of the Minneapolis Threshing Machine Company, which later turned into Minneapolis Moline, brought many workers to the area. Originally the village of West Minneapolis, Hopkins was named after Harley H. Hopkins who was the community’s first postmaster.
The Moline got its name from the Minneapolis Moline tractor factory that once occupied the land it’s built on. The building also features a gallery that displays a selection of original Moline tractor models.